Monday, January 25, 2010

Momentum . . . .

Well, looking around the blogs abit I'm noticing more and more people who use it as brief descriptions about what they've been doing for the past few days OR combinations of pictures and even more descriptions about outings they've been to and stuff.

I for one, love it. . . . .and I really don't think its just me.

I mean how can you not ? Its like reading the gossip column of the masses. And occasionally, you get rewarded with some eyecandy as well. Eheh. What? Its not the ONLY reason I read blogs. Sheesh. And you might be asking why don't I follow the masses in posting pictures of me going out with flashy outfits and fleshy women . . . . ? I don't know really. I guess for me its easier to get whats in my head out rather than trouble my head to remember what I did 2 nights ago in some bar/club .

Either way, writers and their writings have been spurring our imaginations and have been one of the best outputs for individuals for time immemorial. And so, I've decided to put down a few of the writers whose work has intrigued and at times inspired me.

Neil Strauss ~ I tip my hat off to a man who can seduce as many women as he has based on 'charm' alone and actually write a book about it. However, thats not why he's on this list. He wrote the book title The Game which was about him infiltrating the ranks of pick up artists and learning from them in the process becoming the best of them. Though the book was not a step by step guide to picking up women as I initially thought it would be, it WAS one of the most interesting and entertaining books I have read till .
Robert E. Howard ~ Mostly for creating the character Conan the Barbarian. I guess it was more to the stories he found himself in. Stories which tell just how treacherous and selfish the world sometimes is, and though equipped with nothing but personal honour and wit , anything is possible.


Neil Gaiman ~ Where Conan was a character whose story revolves around him treading through his everyday life, Neil Gaiman manages to take things from your everyday life and introducing them into fantastic stories with all kinds of characters who , amazingly , have deep personalities and idiosyncracies of their own. In other words, Neil has the ability to take something and make a universe out of it.


Spider Jerusalem ~ Okay, this one is a fictional writer/reporter but not one to be overlooked either way. Coming from the graphic novels Transmetropolitan , SJ is an outlaw writer who rights wrongs and stick it up to the man through the written medium and succesfully inspires the people of his country to fight against an insane megalomaniac president who was gunning for him . His story draws some similarities into some real life issues regarding politics and he reminds me of a real life blogger that i know of but thats about all I'll say. Either way, Transmetropolitan is a story fueled with anarchy , idealism and conspiracies with Spider J right at the centre of it all.


Bram Stoker ~ For the man who gave us the Vampire and introducing a new kind of horror to the world. . . . . I bet he's turning in his grave right now with the release of the Twilight , New Blood movies. . . . .hell even The Count from Sessame Street was a whole lot better.


Well I wanted to add more of writers like Dante, Mary Shelley but I'm just too darn lazy. I have a very very very limited attention span. If anyone has any writers or books/stories that they think is any good, do tell. I'm aching for a good read.

No comments: